If you’re reading this, you already know a few things about me – I’m a photographer and you may be considering hiring me for family portraits, a day in your life, or your engagement or wedding. Here are some things you probably don’t know:
- I am the mom to two pretty rambunctious kids – Matthew and Lindsey. Matthew is 5, and Lindsey just turned 3 right before Christmas of 2011. A snippet of the evaluation that officially diagnosed Matthew with a speech delay calls him, “a spirited child who enjoys being in control” – and it’s true. It’s because of his spirit that I know I can and will take great portraits of your kids being the most important people they can be – kids. Sometimes they’ll smile, sometimes they won’t, but I can guarantee those portraits will be real.
- I am the wife to a pretty fantastic guy – Josh. We met (shh) online at a fabulous forum almost ten years ago. He is goofy, fun, sarcastic, and an amazing guy. Also a die-hard SF Giants baseball fan, but we forgive him for that, especially in the off-season.
- I am a full-time, second-year doctoral student in Information Studies at FSU. My research interests include the use of documentary photography in political and social movements, as well as photography used in online social communities.
- David Tennant is the real Doctor.
- I am from the east coast – grew up in New York City, and come to Tallahasee via Oakland, California; Chicago, Illinois; and various states in New England.
- I am (kind of) a geek. OK, I am really a geek. I am interested in all things social media, Mac, and maybe play a few too many games of Bejeweled Blitz.
My name is Casey Yu and I want to be your photographer.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I’m going to shut up and let my pictures do some talking. Click play. There’s music, so if you’re not into that kind of thing, feel free to mute. Otherwise, enjoy the lovely sounds of The Nields (used with permission).
My work has been showcased on the Schmap Memphis guide, and this picture of my son nursing was selected for inclusion in the Art of Breastfeeding show at Amy’s Bakery Arts, sponsored by the Catherine Dianich Gruver Gallery in Brattleboro, VT, August of 2007.
Are you a former client who would like to leave a rave? email me!
“Casey did a mini-session with my granddaughter and great-niece that was the easiest, most pleasant photography experience you could imagine. Although Casey arrived after both girls got up from a nap and were fairly grumpy, she was so low-key and relaxed that pretty soon everyone was having a good time playing and practically forgot she was there. The pictures from the session were perfect. They really captured the girls’ personalities and the editing of the proofs made the pictures really stand out. Casey was so flexible in working with us and offered some really unique products that I hadn’t seen before. (I love the mini-accordion albums…got several of those for relatives!) I can’t say enough good things about working with Casey and the quality of work that she does.” Ann K. Richmond, VA